Badrinath Travel Guide: First Time Revealed on Internet
Always counted among the prominent pillar of Char Dham Yatra, Badrinath is a heavenly abode of Lord Badri (Vishnu) - the creator. Every year thousands of devotees visit this holy place to pay their obeisance and seek blessings from the lord.
The temple town of Badrinath is located in Uttarakhand at an altitude of 3200 meters above sea level. The main attraction of Badrinath is its natural beauty and scenic surroundings. It also offers great opportunities for trekking, mountaineering, and other adventure sports.
It is one of India's most popular pilgrim centers and attracts many tourists during all seasons. This beautiful hill station is surrounded by snow-capped mountains covered with thick forests.
Several temples in Badrinath, including the famous Badrinath Temple dedicated to Lord Vishnu. The temple was built in the 9th century A.D. and renovated several times.
Places You Must Visit in Badrinath.
The holy city of Badrinath is located about 35 km away from Kedarnath. This place is known for its sacred temples like Badrinath Temple, Narayan Temple, Pandukeshwar, Yogdhyan Badri Temple, Charan Paduka, Mana Village, Mata Murti Temple, Tapta Kund Badrinath, Neelkantha Peak, Narad Kund, Bheem Pul, Ganesha Cave, Sheshnetra, Vyas Cave, Bhrama Kapal, Vyas Cave, Satopanth Trek, Vasundhara Falls, Panch Dhara and Panch Shila, Alkapuri Glacier, Surya Kund Badrinath, and Saraswati Rivers.
We can see that there is so much to discover regarding Badrinath. Your Badrinath yatra takes you through the serene nature and breathtaking views of Uttaranchal.
How To Reach Badrinath?
The best way to reach Badrinath is to charter a helicopter. Helicopter Services by Blue height Aviation is the best way to reach Badrinath in the shortest time. You get unparalleled convenience over the difficult trek of Badrinath by road. You can take the charter helicopter from Dehradun to Badrinath. Once you reach Dehradun, one of our executives will escort you to the hotel, where we offer a complimentary stay to all our esteemed guests.
From Dehradun, you will charter a helicopter to Badrinath the next day. You will get approximately 2 hours to perform pooja and aarti at Badrinath temple. Once you return, head to the hotel to unwind.
Or you have to choose to visit the nearest places in Badrinath as listed in the best places to visit in Badrinath.
How is the Weather at Badrinath?
As located at a high altitude, Badrinath experiences pleasant weather during summers in North India. It is the appropriate time to visit this holy place. The Kapaa for Badrinath opens in April and closes in October.
The best time to visit Badrinath is April and May when northern India experiences summer. The average temperature here during these months is around 18 °C, which makes it a perfect place to explore nature's beauty and dive into spirituality. The temperature in Badrinath starts dipping as the monsoon approaches, followed by winters. You can expect to witness the snowflakes and chilly weather if you plan to travel during the later part of the year.
The main temple opens for a few months, but many other places in Badrinath remain open through the year.
Check out our detailed guide on Weather in Badrinath to have more insight.
The Historical Glimpse of Badrinath
While many tales are associated with the Badrinath temple, the most famous one is the inception of its name. The word 'Badri' in Hindi means a kind of wild berry. It is believed that when Lord Vishnu sets himself for penance in the mountains, the Goddess Laxmi appears as a berry tree and protects Lord Vishnu against the threatening environment.
Another popular tale about Badrinath suggests that Adi guru Shankaracharya found the idol of Lord Vishu from Naradkund. He re-enshrined this idol in 8th century A.D.
According to Vamana Purana, the two sages Nara and Narayana meditated in the temple for the welfare of humanity. All these religious narratives from several ancient Hindu scriptures describe the origin of Badrinath.
According to mythology, Badrinath is also known as Badri Vishal and is the most sacred pilgrimage for Hindus.
Check out some exclusive Badrinath pictures here.
Interesting Facts About Badrinath Temple
Badrinath is one of the significant pilgrimages for Char Dham and Chota Char Dham. Known as the abode to Lord Vishnu, here are some interesting facts about Badrinath that you must know:
- Badrinath is the only temple in Char Dham, plushly located in the Himalayas and surrounded by the snow-clad Mountains.
- The temperature in Badrinath is the most adverse among the four dhams. Due to the extremely cold conditions, Badrinath becomes inaccessible during the winter months.
- The sacred texts in Mahabharata, Bhagavata Purana, and Skanda Purana described Badrinath. Even in Padma Purana, the area around Badrinath temple is mentioned and explained.
- The Himalayan Gazetteer by Edwin T. Atkinson mentioned that Badrinath received its name due to the presence of dense forests of Badri.
- Adi Shankara is the discoverer of the Badrinath temple who found the Lord Vishnu idol in Tapat Kund, which the Alaknanda River threw by Buddhists. The idol was first enshrined near the cave in Tapat Kund. Later Ramanujacharya removed the sculpture to establish it in a temple that is currently popular as Badrinath temple.
- One of the main attractions of Badrinath temple is the 3.3-meter-long statue at its entrance.
- The king of Garhwal executed the construction and expansion of the temple during the 17th century. Due to an earthquake in 1803, there was massive destruction to this temple. The king of Jaipur later reconstructed it before the World War War.
- Ahilyabai, the queen of Indore, donated the gold umbrella to the Badrinath temple.
- Badrinath Temple was under British rule when Garhwal was divided in two in the 20th century.
With many interesting stories, Badrinath has turned out to be the most popular pilgrimage site that has been referred to in many ancient Hindu books.
Book a splendid Helicopter tour to Badrinath with Blueheight Aviation if you are ready to dive into spirituality. We assure the best of experience with everlasting memories.
You Might Also Like